YEP, this sums up the trip pretty well.
Many people think I was – AM – crazy to go on a trip with all guys – 4 to be exact. Believe me, I don’t blame them. I also thought I was a little crazy. But when two of your best friends move to a beautiful location like Costa Rica and they convince you to make the trek, WHO AM I TO SAY NO?!
– Disclaimer: I tried to get other girls to join me. NONE could make it. So I said, “HANNAH – JOURNEY ON!”-
But really, the trip was AWESOME. I honestly can’t wait to divulge in how INCREDIBLE Costa Rica is… BUT NO, Costa Rica will wait. This post is dedicated to all those GALS out there who have/will/are considering going on a trip with all guys… oh, just me? .. No, you too! Go for it if you get the chance for an incredible trip, but take this advice with you.
A GIRLS GUIDE TO RIDING IN CARS WITH BOYS
A GIRLS GUIDE TO SURVIVING A TRIP WITH ALL GUYS
(NOTE: If you are a boy going on all girl trip – BLESS YOUR SOUL. Cancel trip IMMEDIATELY! If you cannot, just reverse any advice given below.)
- You WILL be sitting in the middle of every car ride. Why? Because they are too big to all fit in the back of a Rav4 and because double big boy thighs don’t work well next to each other. SURVIVAL TIP: Become claustrophobic and make them give you the side or front seat every now and then. You will need this for sanity. .. Also remind them deodorant does in fact exist.
- No matter how much a girl can eat, most boys CAN and WILL eat more. Don’t try and keep up. It leaves you miserably full.. and then probably stuck in the back middle of a Rav4. No thank you.
- Guys engage in interesting and/or WEIRD conversations and actions. No matter how close of friends we are, I decided not chiming into these conversations was the best action. –Yes, us ladies probably have an amazing “Thats what she said” joke playing in our mind — but in most cases, don’t use it. Gotta remind them that a lady is in the house. Disclaimer: sometimes we have to let those jokes slip. It’s okay! Just make sure it is prime time material.
- Every day the guys will need guy time. And believe me, you will be aching for a minute of silence. SURVIVAL TIP: Bring a good book and find the most perfect beach or porch swing you have ever seen. Sit and enjoy BLISS while they discuss who knows what..
- Unless your guy friend is a lover of photography, as the girl, you automatically take on the role of pictures… and the camera you packed doesn’t help your case. SO being #1 picture taker, guess what – you are taking pictures of just the guys. SURVIVAL TIP: Give the camera to everyone to use OR just get used to solo shots OR get used to less pictures of you. Hey, its the memories that count right? … cue looking at the 12th picture of boy #1, 3 and 4 and only the 2nd of you.
- The most important tip, and most fun one: Let go of control and go with the flow. Lets be real, you signed up with a trip with all guys – the trip is going to be spontaneous and a little nuts, but A LOT of fun. Lucky for me, my guys love to plan adventures so I knew I was set for a great time. But it was also the moments, not planned but happened, that were my favorites. Embrace the adventure.
Take this advice with you, remember to shave and shower, and you are SET. Crazy as it may seem, I enjoyed every minute spent with those 4 stinky guys — and you will too!
ADVENTURE ON LADIES,
Yet another disclaimer: I would only offer this advice to girls if you are REALLY good friends with the guys. If you are adventuring with total strangers… i’ve got nothing. Power to you girlfriend!
VIDEO, SAY WHATTTT???